Trelstar® Reimbursement and Support Programs
1. Trelstar Support Line
For your convenience the Trelstar Support Line is available. For comprehensive support services, including information on ordering Trelstar, reimbursement, Indigent Patient Program, drug safety and adverse event reporting, and medical and general nonmedical information:
OPTION 1—Ordering and Pricing
Order Trelstar directly from our preferred distributor, Intellogics, during the hours of 8:30 am to 7:00 pm EST. If you already have an account with Intellogics you may also order Trelstar online at www.intellogics.com/login.aspx.
OPTION 2—Trelstar Reimbursement Services
Reimbursement counselors are available from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST to help you with the following services:
Insurance coverage verification
- Contacting insurers to determine each patient’s insurance coverage, copayment obligations, and availability of benefits
- Providing information and general assistance regarding insurers’ pre-certification and prior authorization procedures
Coding and coverage
- Confirming proper coding to use on claim forms
- Providing guidance and updated information regarding payer policies for physicians, reimbursement managers, and other office staff
Claim review and denial assistance
- Reviewing denied claims for accuracy and completeness
- Obtaining appropriate reimbursement by assisting in the denial and appeals process
- Preparing a letter of medical necessity
- Communicating with your office to ensure that appealed claims are reimbursed appropriately
Indigent Patient Program
- Screening patients for eligibility and enrolling indigent patients who need assistance obtaining Trelstar
- Identifying alternate funding sources for patients who are uninsured or underinsured
OPTION 3—Medical Information
- Allows you to report side effects or adverse events related to Trelstar or other Watson products
- Professionals from Watson’s Medical Communications Department will answer your medical questions about Trelstar or other Watson products
Quality control and assurance
- Allows you to report a product quality-related complaint regarding Trelstar or other Watson products
OPTION 4—Trelstar Nonmedical General Information
Obtain answers to your general questions about Trelstar
2. Patient Assistance Program
- Call the Trelstar Support Line and explain your patient’s situation to the Support Line counselor, who may be able to suggest other sources of coverage
- If there is no other source of payment available, the Support Line consultant will send you a qualification form that requests insurance status and income information. Patient eligibility must be demonstrated. The form must be completed, signed, and returned to the Trelstar Support Line representative with a prescription for the patient’s course of Trelstar therapy. Additionally, an authorization to disclose information about the patient in the Indigent Patient Program will also need to be completed
- A Support Line consultant will review your patient’s eligibility status. You will be notified by telephone or fax of the patient’s eligibility status
- As soon as it has been determined that a patient is qualified to receive Trelstar free of charge, Watson will provide the medication as prescribed by the physician. The product will be sent to the physician’s office to be administered to the patient
- Watson reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Trelstar Indigent Patient Program at any time
- Trelstar® full Prescribing Information, Watson Pharma, Inc.
- Data on file, Watson Pharma, Inc. DEB-TRI6M-301 Clinical Study Report, May 2008.
- Lundström EA, Rencken RK, van Wyk JH, et al. Triptorelin 6-month formulation in the management of patients with locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer: an open-label, non-comparative, multicentre, phase III study. Clin Drug Investig. 2009;29:757-765.
- Data on file. Watson Pharma, Inc. DEB-96-TRI-01 (first phase) Clinical Study Report; July 1999.
- Data on file. Watson Pharma, Inc. DEB-96-TRI-01 (second phase) Clinical Study Report; June 1999.
- Oefelein MG, Feng A, Scolieri MJ, Ricchiutti D, Resnick MI. Reassessment of the definition of castrate levels of testosterone: implications for clinical decision making. Urology. 2000;56:1021-1024.
- Morote J, Orsola A, Planas J, et al. Redefining clinically significant castration levels in patients with prostate cancer receiving continuous androgen deprivation therapy. J Urol. 2007;178:1290-1295.
- Heyns CF, Simonin M-P, Grosgurin P, Schall R, Porchet HC. Comparative efficacy of triptorelin pamoate and leuprolide acetate in men with advanced prostate cancer. BJU International. 2003;92:226-231.
Trelstar® is indicated for the palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
Important Safety Information
The most commonly reported adverse events associated with the use of Trelstar® 22.5 mg included hot flushes (71.7%), erectile dysfunction (10.0%), and testicular atrophy (7.5%) • The most commonly reported adverse events associated with the use of Trelstar® 3.75 mg/Trelstar® 11.25 mg included hot flushes (58.6%/73.0%), skeletal pain (12.1%/13.2%), impotence (7.1%/2.3%), headache (5.0%/6.9%), leg pain (2.1%/5.2%), and edema in legs (0.0%/6.3%) • Trelstar® is contraindicated in women who are or may become pregnant as well as patients who are hypersensitive to triptorelin, other GnRH agonists, or GnRH • Anaphylactic shock, hypersensitivity, and angioedema related to triptorelin administration have been reported • Trelstar® causes an initial transient increase in testosterone levels. Patients may experience the onset or exacerbation of symptoms during this period, including bone pain, neuropathy, hematuria, urethral or bladder outlet obstruction, or spinal cord compression that may contribute to weakness or paralysis with or without fatal complications. Patients with metastatic vertebral lesions and/or urinary tract obstruction should be closely observed. Hyperglycemia and an increased risk of developing diabetes, as well as increased risk of myocardial infarction, sudden cardiac death, and stroke have been reported in men receiving GnRH analogs. Patients should be monitored for blood glucose level and cardiovascular disease, and managed according to current clinical practice
MIXJECT® is a registered trademark of Medimop Medical Projects Ltd.